Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Interview with Confectioneiress!


On the eve of Chocolate Fest, we would like to bring you one more quick interview with one the vendors you will see tomorrow at the Arts Garden! Confectioneiress Cupcakes and Sweets recently opened its doors in Zionsville. It's a fun little shop with a fun and funky atmosphere and even more fun and funky cupcakes!

Confectioneiress owner Mica says that she loves creating unique flavors (over 200 flavors in the shop!) and that's what she's bringing to Chocolate Fest. Intrepid Intern Hanna braved the trek to Zionsville for a taste of these highly sought after delicacies. There, Mica led her through a taste test of the two of the three (the third wasn't done baking yet) cupcakes she will be offering at chocolate fest. Here's what she has to say:

"The first cupcake was a Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcake. At first, it looks just like a tasty, normal chocolate cupcake. But on closer inspection it's certainly anything but normal! Made with rich chocolate, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and other spices, this little cupcake has a warm, spicy flavor that would be perfect on a fall day or on a cold snowy evening.

I was really excited about the second cupcake Mica gave me: chocolate with candied bacon! Mica told me that bacon cupcakes are very trendy right now and I couldn't wait to try it out and see what all the fuss was about. It's defiantly a treat for the more adventurous cupcake lover or a g bacon lover. Candied bacon sits atop a mound of rich chocolate frosting. At first I wasn't sure what to make of it. I'm not used to my cupcakes being crunchy, but after a few bites, it grew on me. The sweetness and the saltiness are a very pleasing combination. Visitors at chocolate fest will just have to make their own opinions!

The last cupcake at Chocolate Fest, which I sadly did not get to try, will be a salted chocolate caramel with pink peppercorn. I am a great cupcake lover and I can't wait to add this one to my list of cupcake conquests! I would also like to add that I couldn't leave the shop without buying anything, so I purchased a chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake. They won't be at Chocolate Fest, but I strongly recommend you go get some at the shop! It was a little bit of cupcake heaven!

Fun Fact: Mica's favorite cupcake flavor is coffee and cream. She's a big coffee lover."

So there you have it! Cupcakes galore! Come check Confectioneiress, Mica, and all our other wonderful chocolate vendors tomorrow at Chocolate Fest at the Arts Garden from 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. Remember each dessert is 5 dollars and proceeds go towards supporting Young Audiences' mission of providing arts education! Can't wait to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment