Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick Chocolate Milk Shake

The little boy I babysit for has been hounding me for a chocolate milkshake lately. When I say, what do you want for lunch, he says: "A chocolate milkshake!". When I say, what do you want as a snack, he says: "A chocolate milkshake!". You get the idea. I don't think it's a good idea to give an already super energetic seven-year-old milkshakes every time he asks, but after I found this recipe, I may make an exception. It's summer right? That means babysitters and kids alike need something to cool them down or make them smile on those weird rainy, cool, Indianapolis days when they can't go to the pool!


Serves: 2 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 0 minutes

Ingredients


6 rounded tbsp vanilla ice cream


4 tbsp drinking chocolate (chocolate syrup)


1 1/4 cups milk


1 chocolate flake bar, coarsely crushed (optional)


ground cinnamon, to dust (optional)


1. Place the vanilla ice cream, drinking chocolate, and milk in a blender or food processor.


2. Process the mixture for 30 seconds, then pour into 2 tall serving glasses.


3. If you've decided to use it, sprinkle with the flake, add a light dusting of cinnamon, and serve with straws, if you like. Or garnish with strawberries or raspberries. Be creative!


Viola! Super Simple! Super delicious!! Makes the babysitter and seven-year-old happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment